The AgentsTobias Stöhner: Gray hat hacker and electronics whiz, Tobias makes computer security experts at the Pentagon break out into a cold sweat when he infiltrates their systems.
Virgil Cooke: A former CIA agent, Virgil is a master of acting a part and working the social aspects of covert ops. You probably should avoid windows if he wants you dead.
Jack Herman: Former SAS, Jack is the group's heavy muscle and military man. If the group needs his talents, it's inevitably because something went FUBAR and they need saving.
Nima Caspi: A former IDF combat medic, Nima is perfectly at home driving like a complete maniac and patching up complete maniacs who have taken a bullet or two.
Johnny Trang: Johnny Trang was too cool for LAPD officer school, so they put him into undercover work. Johnny Trang is perfectly at home infiltrating illegal racing rings or snooping on bad guys.
The Agents leave the RCP office where they had the firefight with the intruders. Touching base with Logan, they're directed to fly to Los Angeles, as the information they've uncovered has identified the command structure within RCP that they want removed.
Johnny and Virgil pose as airline pilots deadheading to skip paying for the flight. Nima spends her trip in a murderous rage next to someone who is hogging the armrest. Jack spends the flight being his lecherous self while Tobias continues to work on the files obtained.
Jack is nowhere to be seen for about fifteen minutes after the plane lands. Once he reappears someone points out he's got his shirt on backwards.
Ultimately meeting in an extremely icky motel room, Logan begins to brief them on the next mission, as well as introducing them to Agency 17's Operational Support Specialist in the United States, Ozzy. Ozzy was the guy who took the truck full of drugs when the Agents were stealing from the Los Zetas cartel in Mexico. Ozzy speaks with a Southern twang, and much like Rashad, is a consummate professional.
Logan lays out their targets:
- David Franklin Myers, VP of Operations for RCP and Connie's boss. Attending a Dodger's game at Dodger Stadium.
- Ny Nguyen, CTO of RCP. Visiting a robotics company to discuss a possible deal.
- Ashley Connor, Human Resources. Attending a conference at a ritzy hotel called The Squire. Morbidly obese.
- Randal McAvoy, Co-founder of RCP. Participating in a charity golf tournament.
- Danny Jenkins, believed to have ties to the US intelligence community. Driving a car in a rally taking place just North of the Los Angeles city borders.
The Agents discuss which Agent will go after which target. Tobias is immediately selected to go after Ny Nguyen, with the hope that he will be able to abuse the robotics to accomplish the assassination.
Jack is sent to go after David Franklin Myers after it's decided that infiltrating the hotel where Ashley Connor is staying might require more of a personal touch that Jack lacks. Hence, Virgil is tasked with killing Ashley Connor and Johnny is sent to get Randal McAvoy.
Ozzy sets up weapon drops for Dodger Stadium and the Squire, as well as offering Johnny the use of a stolen golf cart should he want to run McAvoy over in a convenient 'accident'. Virgil asks for and receives some GHB, a date rape drug.
The Agents get into position, hoping to time the kills so that none of the victims are aware that they're being targeted at all.
Jack acquires a 'SECURITY' jacket, the kind with the word across the back and slips into Dodger Stadium. Using his military experience, he selects an obscured firing position and sets up with a rifle.
Virgil slips into the Squire and spends most of the time at the bar. After a few questions, he ascertains that Ashley slipped away with a man attending the conference for some no-strings sex. Faking the anxiety of someone seeing his marriage break apart, Virgil convinces the hotel staff to show him the room she booked. He waits outside for her and her partner to finish.
Tobias slips into the robotics facility. He got into the building without trouble, convinced the floor supervisor that he was capable of fixing a 'broken' air conditioner, and then gained access to the their network. He then moved onto the production floor to reprogram the robots themselves as they aren't networked.
Johnny got to the country club and just barely managed to pass himself off as a rich socialite. ("New Money" was his preferred term, while I opted to describe him as a "Country Bumpkin".) Luckily the charity golf event had screens updating in real time, and Johnny made his way over to McAvoy, posing as a replacement caddy.
Virgil executes Ashley once she and her partner are done. He disappears from the hotel after making a slightly feeble attempt at moving the morbidly obese body.
Tobias manages to remove some of the safety limits on a few of the robots when the floor supervisor interrupts him. Throwing a smoke grenade to the ground, it goes off, immediately causing the fire alarm and sprinklers to go off. Tobias is forced to gun Ny Nyugen down in the chaos.
Jack takes his shot and clips David Franklin Myers in the vitals through the private booth glass, dealing in the neighborhood of 30 damage. David fails his HT checks and dies. Dodger Stadium erupts into chaos as Jack makes his mistake. Thankfully, Ozzy was ready, having an ambulance parked by the exit closest to Jack. Jack and Ozzy make their escape, heading to the rally that Nima is about to join in...
McAvoy, a rude and very angry golfer, slices a ball into the bushes and then takes the opportunity to answer the call of nature, asking Johnny to make sure no kids see his private bits. Johnny then gets a wire garotte around McAvoy's neck. After a struggle lasting at least four seconds, Johnny wins the ST contest by 8, going a far way towards removing McAvoy's head. Needless to say, Johnny finds himself drenched in blood and refuses to strip naked and streak across a charity golf tournament.
Tobias ends up driving to the Golf Course so that Johnny can jump an exterior fence and climb into the car.
Meanwhile, Nima joins into the rally, and does a great job causing mayhem, eventually catching Danny Jenkins in a multi-car pileup that she gets away from unscathed. She goes on to win the race while Ozzy and Jack conveniently arrive first to 'assist' him in the ambulance Ozzy got.
"SIR YOU'VE OBVIOUSLY SUFFERED A CONCUSSION WE'RE HERE TO HELP!" Ozzy yells.
Jenkins looks incredulous. "I'm fine, it was just a scratch."
"OOPS, HE'S ACTUALLY UNCONCIOUS!" Ozzy yells, approaching Danny and 'helping' him out of the car by using some of the leftover GHB (fast-acting date rape drug) he got from his shopping trip for Virgil to knock Danny out.
Logan buys all of the Agents dinner, and then delivers the news that they need to leave the States, pronto. He's sending them to Madrid Spain, and advises them that their next mission might involve an oil tanker. Logan suggests that the Agents begin paying attention to events happening around them, and stresses the need to be able to collect and analyze information efficiently, as Agency 17 oftentimes holds back useful information.
- Johnny: 1 In Stealth, 1 Point to Spend Freely
Everyone else: 2 Points to Spend Freely
- Additionally, each agent may add 2 points to a language to reflect their time spent in Europe (Virgil is allowed more flexibility as he currently speaks 10 languages)
- Each Agent also gets 1 point to spend on Research, Current Affairs or another suitable information gathering skill that is relevant between missions.
- I really wish I had some workable stats for a golf cart. I guess I could research top speeds and weight for an approximation to handle colliding with one, but it's honestly good that Johnny decided to go hands on.
- Tobias' player has been faking dice rolls since about the time Tobias got shot in Turkey. I listed out all of his 'rolls' for this session: 9, 9, 10, 6, 4, 8, 8, and either an 8 or a 7 that I'm unsure which it is. This has been consistent enough that another player confirmed it when I brought it to their attention, and really contrasts the fun to be had when things go bad.
- It's easy to forget that Jack (Rifle 17) is just barely a worse sniper than Virgil (Rifle 18) if examining skill alone. Of course, Virgil also has Targeted Attack (Skull) so skull shots are only -3, not -7, and precision aiming. Jack however is the best rounded combatant in the group, boasting multiple overlapping combat skills over 15.
- Johnny's colorblindness will be slowly going aware over the course of the next mission and it will be completely gone (except maybe for a quirk leftover) at the start of the one after. In fact, the HT-5 check was the best roll of Johnny's night considering he got a 7 and succeeded.